07/09/2014

INSPIRATION | If you're a lame, that's a shame, you can't hang with us



It's back to school time of the year ! Since "23" is out, I got some obsession about jerseys. My brother who used to play basketball has a lot of them from different famous teams. But as I know nothing (Jon Snow) about basketball and don't want to be a fraud, I looked for something more stylish than connoisseur. This is what I found...

C'est la rentrée ! Depuis que "23" est sorti, je suis obsédée par les maillots. Mon frère qui jouait au basket en a plein de différentes équipes connues. Mais vu que je ne m'y connais pas en basket et n'ai pas envie d'être un imposteur, j'ai cherché quelque chose de plus stylé que connaisseur. Voilà ce que j'ai trouvé.


1. Drop Dead (out of stock) 2. Asos 3. Tally Weijl 4. Tally Weijl 5. Tally Weijl 

The Drop Dead one is a crop top. I like it but it's not really what I'm looking for. I'm looking for something that looks more real. The Asos one is really nice but the "C" on it bothers me. Ha, it can stand for "Cyrus" but I don't know... Who the fuck is C ? Next. Tally Weijl truly did understood what I'm looking for. Funny fact is that every jersey on its online store has "84" or "1984" written on and it's my brother's year of birth. And he plays basketball. So I'm not a fraud anymore. It can be an hommage to my brother and a fashion masterpiece at the same time. I love them all but I prefer the glittery one which is more fancy than sporty...

Celui de Drop Dead est un crop top. Il me plait bien mais ce n'est pas vraiment ce que je cherche. Je cherche quelque chose qui ait l'air plus vrai. Celui d'Asos est pas mal mais le "C" dessus me gêne. Il peut vouloir dire "Cyrus" mais bon... C'est qui C ? Suivant. Tally Weijl a vraiment compris ce que je cherchais. C'est amusant que tous les maillots en ligne aient "84" ou "1984" écrit dessus puisque c'est l'année de naissance de mon frère. Et il joue au basket. Donc je ne serais plus un imposteur. Ca pourrait être un hommage à mon frère et un chef d'oeuvre vestimentaire en même temps. Ils sont sympas mais je préfère le brillant qui est plus habillé que sport.

And as one fashion obsession does not come alone, I have to confess that I've been looking for the perfect dungarees EVERYWHERE. At work, at Hollister, this summer, they sold some short ones but as I'm tall as fuck, they did not fit. And now that I'm moving to London for a year, I'm questioning my wardrobe which is 90% made of short clothes. So I now want long and large dungarees for the winter.

Une obsession modesque ne vient jamais seule. Je dois avouer que je cherche la salopette parfaite PARTOUT. Au travail, à Hollister, cet été, ils en vendaient mais je suis tellement grande qu'elles n'allaient pas. Et maintenant que je déménage à Londres pour un an, je remets en question ma garde-robe composée à 90% de vêtements courts. Il me faut une salopette longue et large pour l'hiver.




(credits: We Heart It)

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to find the perfect dungarees in regular stores so I'm just gonna thrift shop them. They would perfectly match this wonderful backpack :

Je suis quasiment sûre que je ne trouverais pas la salopette parfaite dans les boutiques standards donc je vais juste la chiner en friperie. Elle irait parfaitement bien avec ce fabuleux sac à dos:


Yes, this year, and this year only, I'm REALLY excited about going back to school. It means realizing one of my biggest dream : live in London. For a year. Get ready England, Winter is coming and I'm coming with.

Oui, cette année, et uniquement cette année, je suis réellement excitée à propos de la rentrée. Ça implique réaliser un de mes plus grands rêves: vivre à Londres. Pour une année. Prépare toi l'Angleterre. L'hiver arrive et moi avec !

Cheers !

- Armelle De Oliveira


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Your notes are keeping this blog alive ! Thank you !