27/07/2015

MUSIC | 2015 PART I PLAYLIST

1. Willow Smith - Your Love


I discovered this track when I settled in London back in October 2014. The mood and vibe still haunts me today.
J'ai découvert cette chanson quand je me suis installée à Londres en Octobre 2014. L'ambiance me hante encore aujourd'hui.

2. Enter Shikari - Torn Appart


Enter Shikari is the band I played most while in London. This band is just amazing in their lyrics and the emotions their music gives me. It's powerful and revolutionary. I dearly want to see them live but we keep having a bad timing...
Enter Shikari est le groupe que j'ai le plus écouté à Londres. Ce groupe est juste fantastique, dans leurs paroles et à travers les émotions qu'il me procure. Ça me rend forte et me fait pousser des ailes révolutionnaires. Je voudrais tellement les voir en live mais je n'arrête pas de les manquer de peu...

3. Brandon Beal - Twerk It Like Miley (Hedegaard Remix) feat. Christopher


There is something about the beat in that track. It's my power song. I played it a lot while walking to work in early Spring trying to beat my personal record.
Le beat de ce morceau est saisissant. Je l'ai beaucoup écouté quand je marchais pour aller au travail au début du printemps. Ça m'aidait à battre mon propre record.

4. A Skylit Drive - Crazy


A Skylit Drive is a band I discovered back in my emo days. It's totally random I listened to their new album and loved many tracks. This is one of them. You should also check out "Rise" which is freaking awesome.
A Skylit Drive est un groupe que j'ai découvert quand j'étais emo. J'ai écouté par hasard leur nouvel album et ai eu un coup de cœur pour pas mal de morceaux, dont celui-ci. Jetez une oreille aussi sur "Rise" qui envoie aussi du pâté.

5. Marty Grimes - The Famm feat. G Eazy


I have a major crush on G-Eazy and yes, it's because of his looks. I also like his flow but I'm pretty sure that without the badass instrumentals - like this one for fucks sakes - his flow would be weak. Anyway, I played this track on repeat for days months and on full blast to enjoy the pretty dope instrumental.
G-Eazy me fait craquer surtout parce qu'il est bel homme. J'aime aussi son flow mais je suis convaincue que sans les supers productions - comme celle-ci par exemple - son flow serait fragile. Bref. J'ai écouté cette chanson en boucle pendant des jours mois à fond pour profiter de cette instru de folie !

6. All My Love - Major Lazer feat. Ariana Grande


A friend of mine made me discover this song on Snapchat. I immediately recognised Major Lazer touch. I'm not a fan of Ariana Grande but her voice really suits the song. I won't comment that it's on Hunger Games original soundtrack. But I will admit that I did also listenned on repeat "
"Lean On" and basically the whole "Peace Is The Mission" album when it finally came out.
Un ami m'a fait découvrir cette chanson sur Snapchat et j'ai immédiatement reconnu la patte de Major Lazer. Je ne suis pas une grande fan d'Ariana Grande mais j'avoue que se voix se prête bien à la chanson. Je ne commenterais pas le fait que ladite chanson apparaisse sur la bande originale de Hunger Games. Mais je dois admettre que j'ai aussi écouté en boucle au Printemps comme tout le monde "Lean On" et puis ensuite tout l'album "Peace Is The Mission" à sa sortie.

7. Years and Years - Take Shelter


I heard about Years and Years a long time ago, because the good looking frontman starred in my beloved TV series : Skins. But then "King" was in Topshop playlist. I also randomly listened to a few of their tracks on Spotify and fell under the spell of the band. Check out their cover of "Breathe" originally from Blu Cantrell and Sean Paul.
J'ai entendu parler de Years and Years il y a un bon bout de temps, principalement parce que le beau frontman du groupe avait joué dans ma série chérie Skins. Puis "King" a été ajouté à la playlist Topshop. Et un jour par hasard, je suis tombée sur leurs sons sur Spotify. J'étais charmée. Jetez une oreille à leur cover de "Breathe" chanté à l'origine par Blu Cantrell et Sean Paul.

8. 2 Chainz - Employee Of The Month


Explicit lyrics aside, I really like the sound of this track. It's refreshing.
Vulgarité à part, j'aime beaucoup comment sonne ce titre. C'est rafraichissant.

9. Basement Jaxx - Raindrops


This is my favorite discovery from the Topshop playlist. It was drowning between shitty EDM tracks and commercial stuff. I also immediately recognised Basement Jaxx touch and Shazamed it in the fitting rooms. This track is so joyful and dreamy. It makes me travel !
Ca c'est LA découverte de la playlist Topshop. Elle était noyée entre des tubes EDM pourris et les titres commerciaux du moment. J'ai encore une fois immédiatement reconnu la patte de Basement Jaxx et l'ai Shazamé discrètement dans les cabines d'essayage. Ce morceau est plein de peps. Il me fait voyager !

10. Purity Ring - Flood On The Floor


I am no hipster because I only heard about Purity Ring in Cornwall, reading Cracks magazine. I got intrigued through their interview and listened to their albums on Spotify when I came back. The first one is not that great but damn the new one is banging. It's Crystal Castles meets Grimes. I also love the songs "Bodyache" and "Stranger Than Earth".
Je ne suis pas du tout hipster puisque je n'ai entendu parler de Purity Ring que quand je voyageais en Cornouailles et que j'ai lu leur interview dans Cracks magazine. Intriguée, j'ai écouté leurs albums sur Spotify dès que je suis rentrée. Le premier album n'a rien de fantastique mais le dernier est une putain de gifle. C'est à mi chemin entre Crystal Castles et Grimes. J'aime aussi beaucoup les chansons "Bodyache" et "Stranger Than Earth".

11. All Day - Kanye West feat. Theophilus London


Ça fait un petit bout de temps que je trouve que Kanye West a du mal à se réinventer et il m'agace un peu. Cette chanson n'a d'ailleurs rien de révolutionnaire. C'est du Kanye West en bonne et due forme. L'instrumental est hyper-efficace, le flow est rythmé et incisif. Il faut croire que ça me plaît toujours.
It's been a while I think that Kanye West struggles to reinvent himself. He kind of bothers me. This song has nothing special. It's just Kanye West doing what Kanye West does. The instrumental is powerful. His flow is catchy and violent. I believe I still like it though.

12. Chiwoniso - Zvichapera


Ô Radio Nova's wonders... On a sweet spring morning I turned my virtual radio on and Radio Nova played that track. How do they even find these kind of dreamy sounds? It makes you go so far...
Ô les doux morceaux de Radio Nova... Un superbe matin de printemps, j'ai lancé mon application Radio Nova et ils ont passé ce morceau féérique. Où trouvent-ils ces perles musicales ? Elles font partir si loin...

13. The Shoes - Baby feat. Hollie Cook


Another treasure from Radio Nova. Another sweet spring morning. Another huge crush.
Un autre trésor de Radio Nova. Une autre douce matinée de printemps. Un autre coup de coeur.

14. Avril Lavigne - How Your Remind Me


Does it suck to be a fan of Avril Lavigne at 23 ? I am not a fan of her actual crappy songs, but a nostalgic of good old "Let Go" and "Under My Skin". That's how I ended up listenning to that song. I was playing on shuffle her albums on Spotify and then I heard that one. I was like "I don't know that song", but then the lyrics sounded familiar. I was so confused. And then I realised, she was singing her husband's band song (how cute is that). I recognised Nickelback's lyrics. Yes I also used to listen to Nickelback songs (who didn't?). What she ads to this song is so pure and deep, I couldn't resist to listen to it again and again. It happened a few days after I read an article about Avril Lavigne suffering from Lyme decease and I was heartbroken to read what she's been through. I guess this played a part to me liking that gloomy cover.
Est-ce que ça craint d'être toujours fan d'Avril Lavigne à 23 ans ? Je ne suis pas fan de ce qu'elle fait en ce moment mais plutôt nostalgique des bons vieux "Let Go" et "Under My Skin". C'est comme ça que j'ai trouvé cette chanson. J'écoutais en aléatoire ses albums sur Spotify et puis ce morceau est passé. Je me suis dit "je ne connais pas cette chanson", mais les paroles me paraissaient familières. J'étais perdue. Et puis j'ai réalisé qu'Avril chantait la chanson du groupe de son mari (c'est mignoooon). J'avais reconnu les paroles de Nickelback. Oui, parce que j'écoutais aussi Nickelback à l'époque (oh qui n'écoutait pas?). Ce qu'elle apporte à la chanson est tellement pur et profond que je n'ai pas pu m'empêcher de réécouter le morceau encore et encore. Cette anecdote s'est déroulée seulement quelques jours après avoir lu un article à propos de la maladie de Lyme dont souffre Avril. J'étais vraiment émue de lire ce qu'elle avait enduré. J'imagine que ça a joué un rôle dans l'engouement que j'ai eu pour ce titre.

15. Santigold - Radio


I couldn't care less about "Paper Towns" and Cara Delevingue. I listenned to that song because Santigold was finally coming out of her silence and hopefully the song is great.
Je me contre-fous de "Paper Towns" et de Cara Delevingue. J'écoute cette chanson parce que Santigold est enfin sortie de son silence et qu'heureusement la chanson est top.

16. KODA Sound - Upperclass


Should I be ashamed that I found this song shopping on Boohoo's website ? I'm glad I found it anyway. It sounds like good old so-called dubstep I used to listen to 5 years ago. It's messy but melodious as well. Me likey !
Dois-je avoir honte d'avoir découvert ce morceau sur le site Boohoo ? Je suis contente de l'avoir trouvé cela dit. Ca sonne comme la bonne vieille dite dubstep d'il y a cinq ans. C'est brouillon et mélodieux à la fois. J'aime !

17. Blood Orange - You're Not Good Enough


I actually discovered this song a long time ago on TV. But rediscovered it a couple of weeks ago. I freaking love how 80s this track sounds like. It brings me back to my childhood, listenning to the songs my mother and father liked. Just listen to that bass and that guitar...
J'ai découvert cette chanson il y a un bon moment à la télé. Mais je l'ai redécouverte il y a quelques semaines. J'aime comment ce morceau sonne incroyablement 80s. Ca me rappelle mon enfance baignée dans les morceaux favoris de mes parents. Ecoutez-moi juste cette basse et cette guitare...

18. Alice Glass - STILLBIRTH


Crystal Castles may have only rested upon Alice Glass' shoulders. This track sounds like a more violent "Baptism". It feels good to know that even though Crystal Castles split up, the spirit is alive. To the detriment of Alice Glass' mental health though.
Crystal Castles reposait peut-être bien sur les épaules d'Alice Glass. Ce morceau sonne comme un "Baptism" plus violent. C'est rassurant de voir que même si Crystal Castles s'est séparé, l'esprit est toujours vivant. Au détriment de la santé mentale d'Alice Glass toutefois.

- Armelle De Oliveira

18 commentaires:

  1. Nice post! In love with Willow Smith's voice x

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. What a great list, they all sound awesome! Thanks for sharing, so excited to have some new songs to listen to!!

    lifeisashoe

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Omgosh, this Santogold is AWESOME (I will never be down with calling her Santigold). I'm going to be playing this a lot!

    Tara x

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I love the Basement Jaxx song! Topshop actually have some really good music on their playlist haha!
    bec X
    becshar

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Great selection! I particularly loved the Purity Ring track and the major lazer one. I used to love love love Enter Shikari, particularly their first 2 albums but then the dropped off so I stopped listening to them but that torn apart track is cracking!
    Martha xo
    It's in the Detail's, Dahhling

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Great post <3
    New Post on: http://styleccentricfashion.blogspot.com

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. I love how varied this playlist is, it's awesome. Definitely going to have to give Alice Glass's song a listen to, I loved Crystal Castles were awesome!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. I love your post dear! Have a nice day:)

    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Great playlist! Have a wonderful weekend!!

    Natalia | Lindifique

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Great playlist, I like Avril Lavigne's song

    besos,
    M
    The Flower Duet

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. I'm always picking up new music off websites and TV commercials. Hehehe. Seriously, some of the best stuff I've found has come from there.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. Great selection! I love the ones by Willow, Brandon Beal and Avril so I will check the rest! Thank you! :)

    Fashionably Sparkly

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. Lets follow eachother. Just follow and leave a comment. Then I will come back to follow you. Loves.

    www.nilgunozenaydin.com

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. Nice selection darling !

    Follow me on GFC, I always follow back.

    WWW.HEKYMA.COM

    RépondreSupprimer

  15. Thanks for sharing this amazing and informative post. keep sharing with us.

    RépondreSupprimer

Your notes are keeping this blog alive ! Thank you !