21/03/2017

MUSIC | PLAYLIST WINTER 2016

Winter is over so here's a selection of the tracks I played most this season.

Sno - December


Because my winter was all about One Direction and discussing ZAYN music, I actually thought this was ZAYN. But it is not. It is waaaay better.

Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You


I am a basic bitch. But I probably heard that song before mainstream people (hipster Armelle stop talking) because I literally clicked on the link as soon as Ed Sheeran published it. I have a vivid memory of having my hips moving after the first two notes and being like "wtf is happening to me ?". And then I was like "it sounds so much like Sia". Then I played this song on repeat for like 2 hours, and my hips hurt. A LOT. Also, "Divide" rocks like I want someone to write lyrics like that for me. Please.

Parker Ighile - This Is America (feat. G-Eazy)


I loved this song first because of that INSANE anxiety provoking instrumental. Also, there's my lover G-Eazy on it. And the lyrics couldn't make more sense now.

The Weeknd - False Alarm


I'm not the biggest fan of The Weeknd since fame won over his amazing music (so hipster of me to say that). BUT... This song has some sorts of Michael Jackson vibe (which makes sense because Abel & I are MJ's biggest fans). I only watched the video recently and was both shocked and amazed. Like this reminds me of GTA Los Santos opening mission and also the movie American Heist starring Hayden Christensen and Adrien Brody.

The Room - Room Of Angel (Silent Hill 4 OST)


I found an old blog of mine this winter and this song was featured on it. I remember as a teen having a thing for hunting songs. But I just discovered the lyrics and I had no idea they were so dark and scary !


Pictureplane - Gothstar


So I'm into "goth step" "witch house" or "witch disco" whatever it is called. It is basically slowed-down Crystal Castle-like music with a gloomier and dreamier vibe. Here are a few recommandations: Holy Other - Know Where, oOoOO - Hearts and Zomby - Soliloquy. Thank you Urban Outfitters for these discoveries. Also, I recommend listening to Classixx - Hanging Gardens which uses the exact same sample which is apparently a rip off of Fleetwood Mac - Seven Wonders.

Marilyn Manson - Third Day of A Seven Day Binge (Acoustic)


This sounds actually like an old Nirvana unplugged song. I like where Marilyn Manson is taking us on here. I wish people made more music like that nowadays.

Hole - Celebrity Skin


Speaking of Nirvana... I listened to that song a lot this winter and only discovered while writing that post that this is Courtney Love's band. Rock on gurl !

Seether - Gasoline


So yes I listened to a lot of 90s, 00s teen angst anthems in winter. And Seether was of course part of it. 

Nada Surf - Popular


You can see that in both Seether and Nada Surf videos, the aesthetics of "popular" bitches are similar. That's a useful analysis. Don't thank me. 

The Breeders - Cannonball


I can actually remember that this track was on most of the 90s films soundtrack. Shoutout to my 90s kids out there !

Chumbawamba - Tubhumping


This is also one of the 90s most iconic songs, wether or not you were in rock music or not. Like, if you know "Teenage Dirtbag", you've heard that one as well !

Falling In Reverse - Coming Home


So, let's talk about Ronnie Radke. I talked about him a lot on that blog because I'm a not-so-retired emo kid and I'm a fan of the guy. But I admit, I kind of jumped off the train when he started the crazy tweets and ego trips on Instagram. He sometimes insults fan in the comment section which is oh so immature and really irritating. Also, his music with Falling In Reverse is cool but not the greatest. And then, they dropped this, which is just like the comment section in YouTube sums it up Falling In Reverse meets 30 Seconds To Mars meets Angels and Airwaves meets some sort of Muse. So yes, it's pretty amazing.

Bloc Party - Banquet


Bloody hell ! I know this song as an iconic early 00s song as well but had no idea it was Bloc Party until this winter ! Come on, I had to wait for Urban Outfitters to teach me ! 

Etienne Daho - Comme un boomerang (feat. Dany)


So Valentine's Day is in winter so I looked up for this iconic French song originally performed by Serge Gainsbourg to cry my heart out for being single on that day for the 24th time. 

Marc Lavoine - Dis Moi Que l'Amour (feat. Bambou)


Another French song to suck it up on Valentine's Day. The video clip is sick though.

Blue Oyster Cult - (Don't Fear) The Reaper


I found that track in Urban Outfitters' Halloween playlist on Spotify. It sounds so new but it was released like 40 years ago. WTF, right ?

Jeffree Star - So Fierce


For those of you who did not know before being a succesful Youtuber and business man, Jeffree Star was a emo scene boy who made the MySpace days ! And at some point, about 10 years ago, he started releasing music and that one was my favorite. Because Internet never forgets, I managed to find it on a former blog

1997 - Water's Edge


The pop song that put a smile on my face when I was a hypersensitive emo teenager. Ô the memories !

Gwyneth Paltrow - Party All The Time (Glee)


So old Glee episodes were airing on TV a random weekday morning and I fell in love again with that Eddie Murphy song (is that correct ?) sung by Gwyneth Paltrow. She was one of my favorite guest star in the show, back in the days.

Blood Orange - Chamakay


La chanson pour te détendre sous une douche brûlante en rentrant congelé du boulot le soir. Blood Orange sonne tellement vintage... Je veux à Rock en Seine s'il vous plaît !

Sky Ferreira - You're Not The One


I never listen to things people who used to excell in other careers do when they turn to music (sorry ScarJo) but I found this track on an Urban Outfitters playlist on Spotify and damn, doesn't it feel like Spring is on its way ? Like for reals ! And I am living for Sky Ferreira's looks in this clip !

Miguel - Waves (RAC remix)


This is perfect for a warm late winter, when you can feel the afterwork-drinks-on-a-terrace smell in the air.

Jamie XX - Far Nearer


May Jamie XX share his recipe for happy vibes please ? It feels like I'm in London in early-Spring listening to that track !

Tove Lo - Cool Girl


This track also has early-Spring in London vibes ! Will someone finally take me back ?

Mark Ronson - Glass Mountain Trust (feat. D'Angelo)


Like come on, Mark Ronson share your secret too ! This track got me so ready for Spring !

Enjoy Spring !


>Armelle De Oliveira

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Your notes are keeping this blog alive ! Thank you !